This craft is inspired by the book Dandelion by Don Freeman, a book about a lion who nobody recognizes! For this craft, you will use brown and yellow construction paper to make a lion puppet that is perfect for preschoolers and kindergarteners.
- Lion Face & Mane Template PDF
- Yellow and brown construction paper
- Glue sticks
- Download the Lion Face And Mane Template PDF
- Print the Lion Face Template on yellow construction paper. This page has two lion faces on it so you will only need half as many copies of the Lion Face Template.
- Cut the paper down the middle so there is one lion face on each half and one for each student.
- Download and print the Lion Mane Template onto light brown construction paper.
- Cut out the mane piece and snip carefully around the edge towards the middle, to create the look of fur.
- Cut out the lion’s face and glue the face onto the mane.
- Finally, tape a straw onto the back side to complete your lion puppet!
Love the simplicity! Perfect for toddler/preschool age. I think the instructions are a little mixed up though. Should the lion face template be on yellow and the mane be on brown. I also used orange for the mane and that looks pretty cute too. Thanks for the cute templates!!
Thanks, Faith. You were right, I did have the colors swiched by accident. It’s been fixed!