Kids can create this easy cat puppet with just a few materials. They will love to create and play with their puppets and can use them during music time.
In the example above I cut construction paper to 8.5 x 11 inches so it would fit in the printer and I print the cat face templates on that. You can also use white or colored copy paper for this craft.
Click on the above image or on the link below to download the Cat Face Template PDF.
- Cat Face Template PDF (Print and cut apart)
- Assorted colors of paper (8.5 in by 11 in)
- Markers or crayons
- Plastic straws
- Six, 2-inch strips of yarn per cat face!
- Download and print the Cat Puppet Template onto your choice of paper. There are two cat faces on each cat puppet template page.
- Once you have printed the cat puppet template, cut it in half so that there is one cat face template on each piece of paper.
- Give each student one cat face template.
- Have your students carefully cut out the cat face.
- Color and decorate the cat puppet face with markers or crayons. You can also add sequins, feathers, lace, and anything else if you want to get fancy!
- Glue two or three pieces of yarn to each of the cheeks to make whiskers. Each piece of yarn should be cut to be about 2 inches long.
- Tape a straw to the back of the cat’s face. This will allow you to hold up the puppet and play with it. If you want, you can also tape some yarn, lace, feathers, or string to the back so that it is cascading behind the cat’s face to add a little more interest and movement. That’s it! Have fun with your new cat puppet! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think of this craft!