Tear construction paper into strips to create beautiful landscapes!
Sunset in the Desert
The Rocky Mountains
- Construction paper
- Glue sticks
Before you begin, figure out what kind of landscape you want to create. Will you be creating a desert or a mountain landscape? Maybe something else? What time of day will it be in your picture? Next, decide what colors you will be using. You can even use pictures from books or magazines as inspiration! Now you’re ready to begin!
1. Choose a color for the sky in your picture. Place this piece in front of you. This piece will be the background that you glue all the other pieces to.
2. Begin by tearing a strip of paper for the top part of your landscape. Tear it so it is the same width as the background. Position it a couple of inches from the top, leaving enough room for the sky. Don’t glue anything down yet!
3. Continue to tear and arrange pieces of construction paper until you are done adding the mountains, plains, and hills.
4. Tear a circle shape for the moon or sun
5. Adjust and arrange the construction paper until it is the way you want it.
6. Glue each torn strip to the background piece, starting with the highest paper strip and working your way down. Tuck in the sun or moon behind the top piece and glue it down to complete your beautiful picture!