<![CDATA[We made this cute worm craft to go along with our creepy crawly theme. You can re-create this scene of a cute worm underground with a small view of the sky. As an extra touch, cut out a movable paper stone and place it in the grass!
This construction paper worm craft includes a moveable pebble that hides in the grass!
Here is what you’ll need:
- glue sticks
- construction paper
- First, draw an outline of the worm on a piece of pink construction paper. You can use the picture above as a guide if you want. Cut out the worm’s body.
- On another piece of pink construction paper, draw an outline of the neck. This piece makes it look more worm-like, and less like a snake. Cut out the neck piece and glue it onto the worm’s body. Set the worm aside.
- On the brown construction paper for the background. Draw dots and speckles on the brown construction paper with a marker to make it look like dirt.
- Cut a 3-inch strip of blue construction paper for the sky and glue it to the top of your paper.
- Next cut a 1.5-inch strip of green paper and snip it along the side to make grass. Line it up and glue the bottom of the grass to where the brown construction paper meets the blue construction paper.
- Glue the worm over the dirt area.
- Cut out small gray ovals and glue them onto the brown background to make pebbles. Draw dots and lines to make them look more realistic. Make a bigger pebble and tuck it into the grass – no need to glue it down, and it’s fun to move around!