Last week, in celebration of Cinco de Mayo, we made this colorful piñata craft! The kids worked so hard on them and I think they turned out really nice!
- Tissue Paper
- White copy paper
- Construction paper
- Piñata Outline
- Print the piñata outline on copy paper & cut out one for each student.
2. Cut small squares of tissue paper of various colors and set aside in a small bowl or two.
3. Cut some thin strips of tissue paper and set aside.
4. Add glue to a small area on the piñata template and spread it around with your finger.
5. Before the glue dries, cover the area with the tissue paper squares. Continue to glue and add tissue paper until all or most of the paper is covered.
6. Add details, such as a mane using the thin strips of construction paper.
7. Glue the piñata to a piece of construction paper for a background and add an eye. We used sticker eyes, but googly eyes would work great too! This is the final step! Check out a few of our finished piñata crafts!
Like this craft? Let me know what you think in the comments below!