Use this set of Composing And Decomposing Numbers Worksheets to introduce and teach early number composition and decomposition. Students solve and create number bonds, draw pictures, and write equations to show number families as they develop a better understanding of number relationships and early math concepts!
This product is available as an instant download! Download and print the PDF. You can use the activities in this set for variety of activities, including math centers, morning work, small groups, assessments, educational interventions, and extra practice!
The Following Worksheets And Printables Are Included (Click on the Preview to see the individual worksheets):
• Number Decomposition Hand-Out – A printable handout for students or parents with simple definitions and visuals to help explain number bonds, fact families, and number composition & decomposition.
• Decomposing Numbers 2-10 Worksheets – Students practice different ways of composing and decomposing the numbers 2-10. Individual activities for each number are included so students can practice decomposing the same number different ways.
• Decomposition, Number Bonds, and Fact Family Activities for Mixed Numbers.
• Complete The Number Bonds – Write the missing numbers to complete the number bonds.
• Number Bonds Cut & Paste – Cut out the numbers at the bottom and glue them in place to complete the numbers bonds.
• Color the Pictures to Match The Number Bonds – Students look at the number bonds and color the pictures to match each fact family.
• Domino Decomposition – Cut out the dominos at the bottom, add the dots on either side of each domino and sort under the matching number.
• Building Numbers Cut & Paste – Cut out the equations at the bottom & solve. Sort each equation under the matching number.
• Answer Keys
• Number Decomposition Math Centers – Math center activities for practice with decomposing numbers and writing number bonds.
108 Printable Worksheets and Activities + Answer Keys Included.
Common Core Standards Covered:
K.OA.A.1 Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
K.OA.A.2 Solve addition and subtraction word problems, and add and subtract within 10, e.g., by using objects or drawings to represent the problem.
K.OA.A.3 Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each decomposition by a drawing or equation (e.g., 5 = 2 + 3 and 5 = 4 + 1).
K.OA.A.4 For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10 when added to the given number, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record the answer with a drawing or equation.
K.OA.A.5 Fluently add and subtract within 5.