Here is a colorful clown craft that would be perfect for a costume party or a circus themed gathering. You can cut out the shapes ahead of time or let the kids cut out the shapes and assemble the clown themselves.
- A variety of different colors of construction paper
- Foam shapes
- Glue stick
- Glue bottles
1.Cut out a white oval to make the face of the clown.
2. To make the wig, cut out small “cloud’ shapes of rainbow colors and glue them to the back of the white oval.
3. Add facial features and face paint.
4. Create the clown’s shirt by cutting out a half oval.
5. To make the pants, cut out a rectangle and then cut a slim triangle from the bottom.
6. Use the example above as a template for the clown shoes and gloves.
7. Assemble the clown and paste onto a piece of construction paper. I used a piece of black construction paper in the example because I think it makes the colors pop but you can use whatever color you like!
8. Decorate the clown’s costume with sequins and foam shapes.
You can also add balloons, a bag of tricks, or whatever other clown props you want!