This cute lion puppet craft includes a free printable lion template for you to download and print. The inspiration for this craft came from the children’s book, Dandelion by Don Freeman, a book about a lion who nobody recognizes.
For this craft you will be using brown and yellow construction paper to make a lion puppet that is perfect for preschoolers and kindergarteners.
For this craft you will need:
- Yellow and light brown construction paper
- Glue sticks
- Lion Face Template
- Lion Mane Template
1. Download the Lion Face Template.pdf.
3. Cut the paper down the middle so there is one lion face on each half and one for each student.
4. Download and print the Lion Mane Template.pdf onto light brown construction paper.
5. Cut out the mane piece and snip carefully around the edge, towards the middle, to create the look of fur.
6. Cut out the lion face and glue the face onto the mane.
7. Finally, tape a straw onto the back side to complete your lion puppet!
Get your copy of Dandelion by Don Freeman